Are you a host or a host-to-be looking for easy to make healthy, and cheap recipes? Look no further! We have selected 3 great healthy recipes - and even better - they are cheap and easy to make!
1. Shrimp Fra Diavolo
For this spicy and garlicky dish you are going to need:
- 1 box of linguine
- 1 pound medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 3/4 cup onion (diced)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 3/4 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grated parmesan cheese to taste
To prepare this dish you just need to follow the four steps below:
Step 1: Cook pasta following the steps on the package.
Step 2: In the meantime, heat a medium-high skillet, add oil (1 tbsp.), garlic (1/2 tbsp.), and shrimp. Let cook for 3 minutes (make sure shrimp looks cooked) Remove from pan.
Step 3: Add the other tbsp. of oil to the skillet pan, then add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic (2 tbsp.), pepper, oregano, and basil. Stir all together and cook for 1 minute. Now add the tomato paste and lemon juice, mix well, add the crushed tomatoes, salt, diced tomatoes, still them well and cook for 3 - 5 minutes. Now add the cooked shrimp to the pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
Step 4: Now mix shrimp and pasta and serve immediately. Add some grated parmesan cheese over dish (optional)
2. Brazilian Chicken Salad
For this easy to make and delicious dish you are going to need:
- 1 pound of chicken breast (cooked and shredded)
- 2 Green apples (cut in cubes)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup of raisins
- ½ cup of cooked corn
- ½ cup of cooked peas
- Parsley to taste
- Sour cream and onion chips to taste
To prepare this dish you need to follow the two steps below:
Step 1: Place in a large bowl the shredded chicken, green apples, shredded carrot, raisins, cooked corn, and peas.
Step 2: Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, and parsley to the bowl. Stir well, add the chips and serve.
3. Stir-Fry Noodles
For this yummy dish you are going to need:
- 1 package of Chinese egg noodles (can substitute for linguine)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups spinach (trimmed)
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of canola oil
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 green onions (sliced)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp dark sesame oil
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chile paste (such as sambal oelek)
To prepare this dish you need to follow the four steps below:
Step 1: Cook the egg noodles following the steps on the package
Step 2: In the meantime, heat a medium-high skillet and add oil. Then, add mushrooms and let cook for 4 minutes. Add garlic and onions and cook for another minute.
Step 3: In a bowl add soy sauce, brown sugar, fresh lime juice, ketchup, and chile paste, stir well. Now, add the mixture to the skillet and bring to a boil.
Step 4: Add the noodles to the pan, mix well. Add the eggs and cook them, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the spinach, mix well and serve.
Let us know in the comments below which recipe you liked the most.